Thyristor Based Systems
With the introduction of the I series and P series, KAT Controls presents its family of Thyristor Heater Controllers. These Heater Controller are compact, rugged and most economical solution to completely meet the industry requirements.
Quality, repeatability and high availability form the basis for outstanding product quality in the application process. Thyristor Heater Controllers from KAT, switch control or regulate electrical energy at the start with simple applications for optimised analog Heater Controllers as cost effective solutions for complex applications.
KAT Heater Controllers are available in 1 phase, 2 phase, 3 phase input options for either Phase Angle control or Integral Cycle control.
KAT Heater Controllers can be used in all processes involving melting, heating, drying or forming which must be done precisely and reliably.
- Oven Equipment (industrial, diffusion and drying ovens)
- Glass processing (float glass, feeder, finishing)
- Plant equipment (extruders, plastic presses)
- Chemical industry (pipe trace heating, preheat equipment)
- Automotive industry (paint drying equipment, forging)
- Printing machines (IR dryers)
- Packaging industry (shrink tunnels)
- Steel industry (precoated sheets)
- Fully solid state power control
- Voltage & current feedback to control the temperature Accurately
- Fault status indications by LED’s
- Built in Test points for maintenance
- Control through external process.
- Variable input control signal like 4 to 20 mA / 0- 10VDC
- Fault Trip (Over Load) Potential Free Contact
- Fast acting semiconductor fuses for thyristor protection
- Panel enclosure with necessary protection, Switchgear, indications, controls & PID. Internally wired to the components & terminal blocks with proper identifications.
- Earth fault protection kit
- Fuse fail trip
- Multi heater controller systems & settings through Modbus
- AC Line Chokes
- Fault annunciation kit
- Remote control desk and pendants